I really enjoyed the concept of the Brahman. Wednesdays lecture on it was very interesting. When you look at any object on the timeline of eternity everything exists for a single small instant. Even the earth will be broken down and turned into something else. (Although the connection to the String Theory was unsettling for me. I tend not to beleive theories I can't easily test myself. I feel like our generation are trying to push the limits of science beyond our grasp which can have devistating consiquences. Death, Destructions, and even a setback in our knowledge and understanding of the universe. I admit that I am not well educated in Einstines theories but I do beleive that it is a little too early to say there is no real way to travel faster than light. If you look back in the early 1900s it was widely beleived that no one could travel faster than down.)
Some of the thought behind the Brahman is pretty interesting. I like how it makes people beleive they have a connection to everything around them. I tend to feel this when I'm getting better from being sick. I'll suddenly get the idea that I can touch my walls with my eyes and that I can swim through the air. I don't know what in me gets me to feel this way but its always been something that lets me know beforehand that I will be getting well again.
I got off on a few tangents but while I was reading this section these were the things I was thinking about. Also I faced some confusion while reading this. What is an Atman. I got the impression that it is like a soul but I have a poor understanding of what it is.

1 comment:
You were not the only one that was a little confused in the reading. Oh well, trying to understand is about all we can really do.
Good post, good tangents.
Post a Comment